Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Things continue to be busy around here, and it doesn't look like it's going to slow down anytime soon. Our June calendar is pretty full, but at least that will keep us all entertained! :)  Here is a quick post to do some catching up...

1.  The weekend before last we met our friends at a local festival. It was completely free except for $1 to feed the goats. It's so rare to find free entertainment these days. We had a great time and I got to hold "Baby Logan" for a little bit! :)


2.  This past weekend we went to see my parents for a night. We went swimming twice in their neighborhood pool and the kids had a great time. Addison is very brave when it comes to jumping in from the side of the pool so we are really going to have to watch her this summer. We really need to look into swimming lessons. I have some pictures from our visit that I will post soon.

3.  Both kids still wear pull-ups for nap and at night.  They could probably go without during nap, especially Fischer, but I'm just too nervous to make the switch. Addison moved up to size 3T-4T pull-ups last month and Fischer just moved up over the weekend.  They are growing, growing, growing!

4.  Speaking of growing, we've been measuring the kids on a door frame at my parents' house each time we visit. The last time we measured was in February. I wasn't expecting a huge change, but to my surprise, both kids have grown about an inch since then. Crazy!

5.  Fischer is back into his habit of waking up around 5:30. This is a phase that seems to come and go but it is a tiring one. And he gets really tired when he gets up so early, which puts him in a not-so-good mood. I'm just asking for him to sleep until 6:30... that doesn't seem too greedy! :)

6.  We are starting back to weekly My Gym classes tomorrow morning! We stopped going last summer since the kids were starting school. I figured it would be a good air-conditioned activity to do each week this summer. I hope they like it just as much now as they did a year ago!

7.  We ate couscous last night and the kids liked it. I'm pretty sure I never ate (or heard of!) couscous until college. Addison and Fischer have tried so many foods in their short little lives! :)

I think that's about it for now. Like I said, our June is going to be quite busy! We have a beach trip planned, a trip to the dentist for Addison and Fischer, Scott's mom is coming to visit, family pictures, weekly My Gym classes, and much more I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment