Saturday, June 16, 2012

We didn't have any big plans for Memorial Day this year, so we decided sort of last-minute to take a quick trip to NC to visit my parents.

We left Saturday morning and headed home Sunday afternoon. It was a quick visit but we had fun!

Saturday afternoon, we headed to the pool and the kids had a great time swimming. The rest of the day was spent hanging out at home and relaxing. We even got to watch the raccoon that's been visiting my parents a lot! She seems very brave and used to people, which sort of freaked me out when she walked right into the yard towards Fischer and I while we were outside playing. I was a little more comfortable watching her from inside!


Sunday morning, we headed back to the pool. It was a bit chilly since it was earlier in the day but the kids still had a great time. I wish I had some pictures from the pool but I didn't take any. :(

Before leaving on Sunday, the kids got to go for some rides around the block (with my dad driving very slowly, of course) in "Zeke." They had fun riding with the top down and even got to stop and see a bunny along the way! I'm sure they'll be asking to go for another Zeke ride next time we visit.



It was nice coming home on Sunday and still having Monday as a family since Scott was off for Memorial Day. I love long weekends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment