Monday, December 10, 2012

 Once again, I am going to try and play catch up! :)

Going all the way back to Thanksgiving... 

The kids had a Thanksgiving "feast" at their school. Their feast included chicken nuggets, which made Fischer extremely happy! They dressed up in little pilgrim outfits that day too - I'm hoping one of their teachers got a picture for me! 

Addison did get to wear her festive pumpkin shirt, even though she was mad at me for making her wear a shirt and skirt rather than a dress. :)




As usual, we stayed home for Thanksgiving and hosted a small gathering at our house. My parents, my Grandma and Jim and Dianne came for dinner. My parents and Grandma were here most of the day so that was fun! The kids loved all of the extra attention!

Scott smoked two turkeys this year, and they were very tasty!





He also cooked some collard greens that we grew in our very own garden! The kids had fun helping him cut them, wash them, tear them up and throw them into the pot!










Saturday after Thanksgiving we went to get our Christmas trees. Like last year, we got 3 smaller trees - 2 are inside and 1 is on our front porch. We put the 2 smaller ones inside up on top of our cabinets beside our TV. We did it last year to keep Addison and Fischer out of the trees and this year to keep Lucy out of the trees. I'm hoping to have a "traditional" floor tree next year because I have some fun ideas. I actually want to do several throughout the house! :)


That Saturday was also Carolina/Clemson day so we went tree-searching in our garnet and black!





No comments:

Post a Comment