Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We've had a busy, fun-filled December so far!

Here's just some of what we've been up to!

I got to go on a shopping weekend with some other girls over the first weekend! I had a nice, relaxing time and came home feeling refreshed. Scott and the kids had some fun of their own back at home! They got to go eat lunch at Whole Foods (pizza for Fischer, wings for Addison) and got to play with Rylan when Mike and Mr. Mark came over (Irish and Melissa were with me on the shopping trip).

We went to bed late both nights on our trip, which happened to be at the beach. I still got up early both mornings - I just can't sleep in anymore. But it helped that I was waking up to this view!


A couple of weekends ago, on Saturday, December 8, we went to the Christmas parade in Camden. It was our one and only parade this year but it was fun! The kids came home with quite a stash of candy, which has been added to our treat bowl (which still has candy from Halloween in it!). While we were waiting on the parade to start, the kids sipped on some hot chocolate. :)


We've been spending a lot of time playing around the house too. The kids have been dressing up...



Eating Christmas PB&Js....


Practicing their writing (this is Addison's work!)...


And tonight, Fischer practiced some spelling. I asked him how to spell "Lucy" and he said "L-I-C." Obviously that's not correct but I thought it was a pretty good attempt at sounding out the letters!

Addison and Fischer have been playing so well together lately! I'm curious how the next couple of weeks go since they won't get their normal time apart at school. It's funny to listen to them play... lately they've been pulling suitcases and other things around saying they are going on vacation - usually to the beach. Fischer likes to lay with his hands behind his head and say "aaah, it's a beautiful day at the beach."

While it's great that they play together and keep each other entertained, it's not so relaxing for me... they like to get into things together and even encourage each other. I often find them playing in the water in the bathroom, or climbing things they shouldn't be. They definitely keep me alert and on my toes. :)

Tomorrow morning is their Christmas program at school - I can't wait and am hoping to get it on video!


No comments:

Post a Comment