Thursday, November 5, 2009

This morning when I was thinking about doing a post for today, I couldn't really think of much to write about.  Now the babies are in bed and I have quite a few things to write about! It was a big day in the Komarnicki house.

We were playing on the floor this morning, and both babies were all over the place, as usual.  They are getting faster and more curious by the day, which means I'm getting more and more exercise.  So, while we were playing, Addison got up on her hands and knees and crawled all the way across the room!! I was so proud, and so excited. I even managed to get part of it on video, which I then accidently erased. Anyway, I tried to get her to do it again (by placing my cell phone on the floor as incentive) but she would only do a "step" or two.  As the day went on, she was crawling more and more! Fischer is still faster than her though (he beat her to the cell phone that I put on the floor).

While we were playing, Fischer got increasingly fussy. I figured he was just getting tired and hungry, since it was getting close to lunch time.  They ate lunch and napped for about two hours. After their nap, we were playing again and I noticed Fischer's bottom gum looked a little red. I went and washed my hands, felt the gum, and sure enough - there was a tooth!!! It must have come through the gum during his nap because it wasn't there this morning. It's just a tiny point of a tooth, but still a tooth! It's so sharp, but I kept sticking my finger is his mouth so he could bite on it. He was pretty fussy for the rest of the day, despite giving him teething tablets, orajel and teething rings.  We gave him some motrin tonight, so hopefully he sleeps peacefully.  Just like I was proud of Addison crawling, I was proud of Fischer for having a tooth. I know he didn't really do anything, but it still made me proud! I can't wait to see how big the tooth is in the morning!

I'm reminded everyday of how fast they are growing by moments like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment