Thursday, October 28, 2010

As I mentioned, we bought two potties over the weekend. Yesterday morning, I got them out and let Addison and Fischer sit on them, so they could get used to them, while watching Mickey Mouse.



They both look like little thrones and play "royal tunes" if/when Addison and Fischer actually go. They've already figured out how to make the music play by stepping inside the potty though. Goody!

So, I took the potties away once they started playing with them instead of just sitting on them. Then, when I was changing them for the day, Addison kept saying "pee pee." So I figured, "what the heck?" I put her on the potty, and within 30 seconds, I heard a royal tune play. She actually went! I was a bit shocked, and also very proud. :)  She went one other time yesterday, and as a reward, she got to wash her hands in the sink, with a lot of soap (which she loves!). I think we'll probably have to move to some sort of food as a reward soon.

I hadn't really planned on starting yesterday, and wasn't really prepared for her to actually use the potty! So, we are slowly moving forward with it, I guess...

Anyway, as of today, she has yet to go. She asks a lot, but just won't do it.  I started the day by putting her on the potty every 30 minutes. I know it'll be a work in progress for quite some time, but I guess I can admit I had my hopes up after she went so quickly yesterday that this whole process would be easier than I had imagined. I'm pretty sure that won't be the case though.

It's also already frustrating for Fischer because you can tell he feels left out. I did put him on his potty once, because he seemed so upset that he was left in the other room. I know he isn't ready, so I wasn't surprised that he didn't do anything but play.

So, stay tuned for potty updates - I'm sure a lot of you don't really care, but I do want to write it down so I don't forget!

Enough about that for now!  And before I go, here's a little funny story...Scott taught the kids how to say "how do?!" while shaking hands. They do it more and more now...and hearing their little voices when they say "how do?!" might be one of the cutest things ever.  I laugh everytime I hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment