Tuesday, October 26, 2010

We had quite a busy weekend!

Saturday morning, we had family pictures taken! We had them done by the same person that did them in June, and I can't wait to see how they turned out. She definitely has a challenge when taking pictures of our family since Addison and Fischer don't ever hold still. We know they will be mostly "action" shots though! I'll be sure to post some once I have them.

After pictures, we headed to lunch. Then, we headed to Target.... to buy potties. AAH! We are now the proud owners of two little potties. We haven't started using them, but Addison and Fischer did get to "meet" them on Sunday when we took them out of the boxes. I've read that they should become familiar with them before actually having to use them, so we'll probably use this week to do that. We don't really have a plan yet for the training, but buying potties was the first step, so at least we figured that much out! I'm not going to lie - I am completely overwhelmed by the process and have no idea where to start.

We headed home after that for a little bit of rest, then went to Jim and Dianne's to play for a little while. Also, Scott's dad is in town, so we were there waiting on his arrival. We didn't get to visit with him too long that night because I had to get the kids home for dinner, baths and bed. He came over Sunday though and spent a lot of quality time with them, and I know they loved that.

Also, Sunday, I got some much-needed me time! I decided to go to a movie, all by myself. And I loved it. I saw Life As We Know It and it was very good. I think I appreciated it much more than I would have pre-kids. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have gotten the jokes about "Wonder Pets" and "The Wiggles."

It was a fun weekend, but it went by so fast because we stayed so busy! Yesterday, we had gym class, then hung out at home for the rest of the day. It was rainy and gross outside, so Addison and Fischer finger painted and played with some shaving cream, followed by a nice, long bubble bath!




No comments:

Post a Comment