Wednesday, September 5, 2012

In honor of Addison and Fischer turning 3 1/2, I decided to do these letters!

Dear Addison,

You recently turned 3 1/2. I can't believe how old you are! Or how big you have gotten.  You had a visit to the doctor a few weeks ago and you were 31 pounds! That's a big difference from your tiny little 4.5 pound body when you were born! Speaking of that, you love hearing your birth story. Of course I leave some of the details out, but you love hearing all about how I knew you and Fischer were getting ready to come meet us, our time at the hospital and who came to visit you. And you remember every detail. Actually, you pretty much remember anything we ever say to you. You also remember things we say when we think you can't hear us. We are really having to watch our conversations around you!

You started dance a few weeks ago and you are loving it. You are the oldest one in your class but I think that's good since you've never danced before. I don't think you would like it as much if they put you in the older class. You love telling us about your ballet and tap, and you love walking around the house practicing your plies. You also like showing us your stretches "flex, point, flex point."

You've been such a big girl this year at school. You've only cried one day at drop off, which is really good. I was so worried about separating you from Fischer but I think you are both enjoying your alone time. Your teacher seems very artsy, which is a great fit for you. You love coloring, doing puzzles (you are so quick!), playing with play doh, doing stickers and writing "lists." You aren't so into learning your letter sounds and numbers but I know that will come with time. 

You are a wonderful eater, and you especially love meat and seafood. You aren't as into veggies as you used to be but I think it's just a phase. You are very adventurous and will try most things at least once. You drink a lot of water and mostly milk with meals. Occasionally you get to have juice at home, but that's mostly reserved for snack time at school. 

You still sleep with your wubby, meow meow and blanket, and will not sleep if one is missing. Speaking of sleep, your bedtime routine has been a bit challenging lately. You've become somewhat clingy and you want me to lay there with you until you fall asleep. This isn't a habit we ever started so I'm trying really hard not to now. You sleep with your lamp or closet light on, but I can tell being alone in your room at night makes you nervous. Your Daddy and I have taken to bribing you with coins for your piggy bank to get you to lay in your bed without crying when we leave the room. Great, right?! It's working these days though. You love earning coins and say that you and Fischer are saving up for his Knight car and your Beauty and the Beast car. And you have pretty much given up naps. I thought once school started back up you'd get back into them, but I was wrong. You'll spend about 30 minutes to an hour in your room "reading" and doing puzzles but you'd much rather hang out with me. :) 

You are quite the mama's girl and seem to have a hard time saying bye to me. You are always fine once I leave though, so that's good.  I'm trying to remember that you won't always want to be around me this much! :)

You still wear a pull-up when you are sleeping. At this rate I feel like you will be wearing those until you go to college, but the doctor assured me that you will stop wearing them at some point.... I'm just trusting that she's right. :) 

You have the biggest personality and make me laugh so much. You have started talking in this very southern voice sometimes and we aren't quite sure where you are getting that from! You are also so caring and are always worried about other people and animals. Your teacher says you act very mature for your age because of the caring things you say to the other kids. I loved hearing that!

Your imagination is huge and I love listening to you play and tell stories. When you and Fischer play together, I hear some of the funniest stuff!! Just today, you were outside on our porch "fishing." You told me you caught some catfish but they were living in a box at the aquarium and you had to go rescue them. Your story would have gone on and on if you hadn't been distracted by something Fischer was doing!

I could go on and on about you! I will do another one of these soon because I don't write down enough of what you do! Time is going so fast! 

I love you, Baby Girl!
Mommy (sometimes known as Mama or Mom to you!)





No comments:

Post a Comment