Friday, August 31, 2012

Well, our lucky streak ended this morning... there were tears at drop off at school. From Addison, of course. And because I was trying to comfort her, I didn't even realize Fischer had already walked off to class with another teacher before I even told him bye, or that I loved him. Ugh! It's good that he was so eager to go though.  Addison ended up walking in with her assistant teacher, holding her hand, but still crying. She was also clutching her latest obsession - a library book we checked out last week.

I found out at pick up that she cried for about a minute, then was fine. They also got to read her library book before putting it back into her book bag. I know that made her happy!

I also found out that Fischer did not play with Addison on the playground today. Even though they are in different classes, they still go tot he playground at the same time. Addison said she tried to find him, but couldn't. Fischer said he was busy playing with "other boys." I think Addison was disappointed because she wants to check in with him whenever she gets a chance. She's very motherly like that. But hopefully it will teach her to be more outgoing with other kids in her class!

Overall it was a great first week of school. They already have a day off on Monday so they are off until Wednesday, Karate and Dance are going great too!

We hope you all have a nice, long, Labor Day weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment