Sunday, August 19, 2012

On Thursday (August 16), Addison had her first dance class! She was so excited to go but got a little nervous when we got there. She knew I would be out in the waiting area during her class, so I showed her where I would be sitting. I then took her into her room and the assistant instructor introduced herself to Addison. I stuck around for another minute then felt like she would be ok if I left. She was still nervous but didn't cry. Woohoo!

About 20 minutes into the class, we were called into the room to see what they'd been working on in their ballet portion of the class. We got to see their dance to "Macarena." Addison did really well, and kept looking over at me and smirking. :) She really got into it when they got to sway their hips. So cute!

Then it was time to change their shoes so they could do the tap portion of the class. We left again, and then got called back in about 20 minutes later to see another dance. Once again, Addison did a great job!

They each have a little dot that they are supposed to stand on while they dance, and Addison paid very close attention to her dot. If she moved off of it she got a little distracted until she got herself situated again. That's my girl - a stickler for details! :)

She is already asking to go back next week, and I'm so glad she enjoyed her first class.

Here she is before we left home... a forced smile, for sure!


No comments:

Post a Comment