Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's time for another catch-up post!

- Fischer's all time favorite book is Robot Zot. I'd never heard of it, but he picked it out during a trip to the library months ago. After 3 weeks we had to return it and he was pretty sad. Every time we went to the library after that, he would ask for it and it was always checked out! Finally, I went online and ordered him his very own copy. I had it sitting on the counter one day and he saw it after nap... I wish I'd had my camera ready to capture the look on his face. He was so excited! Thankfully, Scott is the one that usually ends up having to read it at bedtime because it's definitely not my favorite book! The things we do for our kids... :)


- The kids have been wanting to take showers instead of baths lately (so grown up!) so Scott put a really cool shower head in their bathroom! It's a shark and the water comes out of the mouth. They love it, and I will admit, giving them showers is a lot easier than baths!


- A couple of weeks ago, I found a dog on the side of the road. He had a collar on with his name and his owner's phone number but no address. I brought the dog, Sam, home and called the owner. They didn't call back until much later that night so Sam got to hang out with us all day. He was the sweetest dog, and it turns out he's a "roamer" so he's used to being out and about. He actually wasn't too far from home when I picked him up, but I had no way of knowing that and I didn't want him getting hurt!


- Two weekends ago (August 11) we headed to the lake again for the night. We went swimming but the pool was pretty cold because it was a really rainy day. Addison doesn't like cold water so she didn't last long. We watched a movie and had fun hanging out though!

- Before going to the lake, we went to check out a local puppet theater!


I bought tickets several months ago when there was a special - 4 for $10! We finally got a chance to use our tickets and went to see Pinocchio. The shows are geared towards children and are only 45 minutes. Addison and Fsicher didn't know what to think at first but I think they ended up really liking it. We will definitely be going back when the next show, Hansel and Gretel, starts!



- That same day we went to a nearby sporting goods store. The kids had a great time trying out some chairs and checking out some tents. A pretty entertaining store for a rainy Saturday!



- I've been pureeing leftover watermelon this summer and making popsicles! I add just a tiny bit of sugar so they are a healthy treat! Fischer doesn't even know he's eating fruit!!


- Addison is averaging about one nap a week these days. Last week, I rewarded them with a few coins for their piggy banks for taking good naps. Addison takes awhile to go to sleep at night on the days she does nap, so it's sort of frustrating either way. Fischer still needs his daily nap! It's sort of hard now that they are on semi-different sleeping schedules. I'm curious to see what happens once they start back to school.


- The other day, the kids discovered all of the books I have in my bedside table. Fischer had a great time making towers and paths with all of my books. It just reminded me how many books I have that I haven't read yet. Maybe I'll get to them one day!



- We went to a playground/park last week and the kids wanted nothing to do with the playground stuff. They wanted to play on the swings a little bit but mostly just walked around, and climbed on this cannon. We didn't stay long since they weren't into it.


I think that's enough for now. As you can see, we've been staying busy! This week has been busy with school functions, dance and karate. More on each of those soon! Also, Scott and I get to go see Lucy on Friday so stay tuned for Lucy updates!! Look how big she's getting!







No comments:

Post a Comment