Tuesday, March 26, 2013

So I'm going to try my best to keep up with this, but I'm not promising anything. I have fallen so behind that I'm a bit overwhelmed. I have been going back and forth about quitting the whole blogging thing, but I do love being able to go back and read what we were doing last year, or even two years ago!

So, I am going to try and quickly catch up... going all the way back to February, before Addison and Fischer even turned 4... (I can't believe I haven't even written about their birthday!)...

We are going to have a good sized garden this year, so I thought it would be fun to start a compost bin! We eat a lot of produce in our house, and it's nice having something to do with all of the "waste."  Even though the compost won't be ready for quite some time, I'm glad we did it.  The kids got into it too, and even got to use a drill! We just have small bin, and will eventually go bigger if needed.

First, we drilled holes in each side of the bin, including the lid...





Then, we filled it up about halfway with dirt...




Later, we went to a local bait and tackle shop and bought some worms, which Fischer was VERY excited about. We dumped them in we are hoping they are loving all of the food we are giving them! :)

We added our very first bowl from the kitchen (strawberries, coffee grounds, corn and potatoes) and mixed it in! We've added stuff almost daily since! Hopefully, one day, we will have some nice compost to add to our garden.







No comments:

Post a Comment