Thursday, August 12, 2010

Raising two toddlers does not come without challenges.  Some days I feel like a broken record... "No, Addison." "No, Fischer." "No, No, No, No...." You get the point. I try my best to redirect their attention, but that's not always easy.  They are very determined little things!

Fights over toys have emerged as well, so the lessons on sharing have started. I don't think they understand the concept of sharing just yet, but it can't hurt anything by trying to teach them about it! These toy arguments can get quite heated - I think we have two stubborn children on our hands!

There are also some yucky things that have started - we are now dealing with nose-picking. This is one thing that I can't stand, so I'm trying hard to curb this behavior! Fischer has recently started gagging himself too. Where did he learn to do that?! And why does he think it's funny?! Addison has done it a couple times, but I think she is just doing the whole copy-cat thing. They tend to do that a lot too.

And lastly, biting has reared its ugly head again. After taking at least a month off from biting, Fischer has started again. I have no idea why he quit (although I'd like to say it was due to my parenting skills :) ), and I have no idea why he started again. We are just trying to stay on top of it, and hopefully it will go away sooner rather than later.

While there are challenges, there are also many rewards. There is nothing like watching Addison and Fischer give each other a kiss goodnight.  Or walking into a room to find them playing well and giggling together.  Or finding them quietly sitting on the couch reading a book to themselves. And when they say new words, without any prompting, it is very gratifying! And I love it when they come across the room just to crawl in my lap or give me a kiss.  These rewards always outweigh the challenges!

No comments:

Post a Comment