Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This past weekend, I participated in my 2nd half marathon. Kathy and I met in Nashville to do the Rock 'n' Roll Series half marathon. Although it wasn't a very restful weekend, it was a lot of fun (despite my feet being on fire at the end of the race and for hours afterwards).

Friday night, we went to the Expo to pick up our race packets, then spent some time exploring downtown and listening to some live music at The Stage.



We then headed back to the hotel to rest up for Saturday morning. Because of the road closings, we had to get to the start line much earlier than the race actually started, which was 7 am. It was a wave start, which means they put people in corrals and started each corral about 90 seconds apart. Since we were all the way back in corral 30, we had awhile to wait.



There were over 32,000 other participants waiting too!



Here we are, still waiting, but slowly moving towards the start line...


Finally, it was our turn to go! We were off, and it was then that I realized my iPod wasn't working. I charged it before my trip, but it turns out that all of the songs somehow got erased. I was not happy! Luckily, since it was a Rock 'n' Roll Series race, there was live music at every mile, which helped keep me distracted!

Once we finished and got our medals, we sat down for awhile, then ventured over to find our free beer (each racer 21 and over got 1 MGD 64).



We then headed back to the hotel to rest and shower before going out that night. We checked out several bars (with live music, of course), then went to see Montgomery Gentry, which was a free concert for all marathoners! It's always fun to see new people in concert, so we had a great time! By the time we headed back for the night, we'd been up for almost 24 hours, so we were very tired.


We got a chance to relax Sunday morning before heading home. It was a great weekend and we are already planning our next half marathon!!

While I was gone, Scott and the kids had a fun weekend back home. Scott sent me pictures throughout the weekend, which I loved getting. I was happy to get home and spend some time with them after being gone for 3 days.

Also while I was gone, some big changes were happening at our new house. Stay tuned for those!

No comments:

Post a Comment