Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I can't believe I almost forgot to do a post about Addison and Fischer's second visit to the dentist! While Grandmommy K was here (it was actually the day she had to go home), the kids had their second appointment.

So, we all went to the office, and I kept my fingers crossed that the kids would do just as well as they did with their first visit. Fischer volunteered to go first, and wanted Daddy to go back with him. While Addison, Grandmommy and I were in the waiting room, I heard Fischer crying. It was all I could do to not run back there and see what was going on! I later found out that he didn't like the "straw" thing. Nothing major. :)

Then it was Addison's turn. The hygienist went ahead and started on her while they were waiting on the dentist to come in for Fischer.

Overall, they both did great! They got their teeth brushed with the spinning brush, flossed, and even got to use the "straw" that sucks stuff out of their mouths. I don't know the technical terms at all. :) Then it was time for the dentist to come take a look. They were in the chair together, ready for a cute picture, when they heard her coming... so this is the picture I got...



She gave them a great report and said she'd see us in 6 months!

Lastly, the hygienist put some fluoride type paste on their teeth. They didn't have to rinse or anything but I think it was a little thick. That went fine, but then I looked at Addison and her eyes were watering. I asked her what was wrong, and then she got sick all over my lap! The hygienist said that was definitely a first. :) Our little over-achiever. The hygienist did say to remind her when it come time for their x-rays that Addison gets sick semi-easily. That should be fun!

We finally started "big kid" tooth paste tonight, where they actually have to spit. We are a little behind on this, but Addison is taking her time catching on to the whole spitting thing. We'll get there eventually. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment