Monday, July 23, 2012

Last week, Addison and Fischer attended a camp at their preschool. They went Monday-Friday, 9 am - 1 pm. The week we chose for them was "safari" week since they both like animals so much. They even got to eat lunch there everyday!

A few weeks ago, Addison and I went to Target to pick out lunch boxes for them. She picked Princesses for herself, and we picked out a fire truck for Fischer. Luckily he was happy with our choice.  Here they are before going to their first day of camp!



I was a little nervous about dropping them off on Monday - I just never know how they are going to react when I/we leave them. And, it's been awhile since they last went to school, so they are out of that routine. Scott went with me on Monday, which made things easier (on me, anyway).



They were really excited to go, even on Monday morning. Up until it was time for us to leave them there, that is. I think Addison thought I was going to be attending camp with her. :) They were all out on the playground already, so that's where we left them. Fischer walked right in and started playing. Addison clung to my shirt so tightly that I was shocked I didn't have a huge tear in it... so I had to hand her over to one of the teachers and walk away, while she screamed and cried. I think having to do that is one of the hardest things ever, and it never gets any easier.


Luckily when we picked them up, the director told us she calmed down quickly and had a great day. The rest of the week went pretty smoothly. The kids had a lot of fun, but were exhausted by Friday! They brought home their art projects on Friday, which included zebras, and elephant bag, a stamped cup and a tiger mask. They also got to bring home little treats each day, which was fun for them. I think their favorite part, though, was that they got to eat popsicles every single day. What a treat for them!



Don't they look so grown up carrying their lunches?!

Now, it's time to start talking about school and getting them excited for that! Good thing we have a few weeks before that starts!


No comments:

Post a Comment