Friday, November 23, 2012

On Saturday, November 3, we - Team Hee Hawg! -  participated in the Chili Cook-Off for the 7th year!

Sadly, we didn't win anything this year, but a great time was still had by all! And we raised $450 for an awesome cause! Scott, as usual, took care of all of the cooking.  I tried to help as much as I could this year, but the kids kept me pretty occupied both during the event and the days leading up to it! It actually kind of snuck up on us this year but we managed to get everything done beforehand!

On the day of the event, Scott headed down to Five Points pretty early. The kids and I hung out at home that morning and then headed there after lunch. There was a kids zone with a bouncy house this year so the kids were pretty excited to check that out.



We got there around 1 and met up with everyone else. The kids and I went over to the kids zone, and while they had fun bouncing, I could only pay attention to that chaos in the area. I am usually pretty laid back but this was just crazy. So many kids and they were all over the place. They let way too many kids bounce at once and it was just a stressful situation. So, after letting the kids play for a few minutes, I got them out and we headed back to the tent.


After some socializing and chili-eating (Fischer even ate half a cup of another team's chili - "beans with line cheese"), the kids headed home with Jim and Dianne! They were nice enough to bring them home and feed them dinner so that I could have some adult time with friends! I stayed through awards, we got some dinner and then I came home to relieve Jim and Dianne while Scott spent the night in Five Points having a fun night with the guys.



It was a fun time and I'm sure we'll be back at it again next year!
I

No comments:

Post a Comment