Thursday, April 1, 2010

I ended up having to take Addison and Fischer to the doctor yesterday. It was obvious they were feeling pretty bad, and Fischer's cough was getting worse. She said it seems to be a cold, probably made worse by allergies. She said to give them Zyrtec, which is an allergy medicine. They got their first dose last night, so hopefully it will start helping soon. Addison did get sick a few times last night, and I'm hoping it wasn't because of the Zyrtec. Once they both settled down, they slept pretty well. Thank goodness my mom was here to help me hold them while they were both very upset and screaming!

Today, they are both still really congested and coughing, but seem to be in better moods. I knew they didn't feel well yesterday when they hardly touched their dinner. That is very unlike them. Luckily, they seemed back to normal today with breakfast and lunch.  Speaking of eating, they got to try watermelon for the first time with lunch. They seemed to really like it, so I'll be giving more at dinner.

They are both really starting to dislike having their noses wiped and suctioned. I'm sure I'd be tired of it too by this point. If only they would understand that I'm trying to help them. I think Fischer decided to get me back for all of the wiping and suctioning on Tuesday.... I was changing his diaper in the back of my car while out running some errands. I have an SUV, so it's easier to change them in the back rather than finding a public bathroom to use! Anyway, I looked down, and the back of my car was all wet, and he had a huge smile on his face. Then he did it all over again. All I could do was laugh because of the grin on his face.  I managed to get it all cleaned and him changed before we had any more "accidents."

I can't believe it's already April. It's been very warm here for the past few days... Addison and Fischer are getting to wear their shorts. I don't know if there is anything cuter than seeing them in shorts. :)

1 comment:

  1. They sure do look adorable! All of the shorts I have for mine are either too big or too small. I can't seem to find any that fit right!

    I hope they both feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete