Wednesday, April 14, 2010

You may remember that instead of gifts at Addison and Fischer's birthday party, we collected donations for our local Ronald McDonald House. One of the items on the wish list was toiletries.



We are moving in 2 weeks (aaah!!), so we've been busy packing, cleaning out cabinets and drawers, and getting rid of some things. In our guest bathroom, we had a drawer full of toiletries from Scott's travels... he brings them home from hotels and flights. We always save them incase our guests need anything.  Our collection got quite large, so I thought I'd call the Ronald McDonald House to see if they would accept them. The lady on the phone said they would absolutely take them! It's nice to know that we aren't going to throw these things away, and they will be used and appreciated!

My point with this post is to remind you (and myself!) that there are small things everyone can do to help the community! If you travel, save the hotel toiletries and donate them to your local Ronald McDonald House! You can also save the tabs off of soda cans and take those to the Ronald McDonald House as well. Also, you can help out your teacher friends and save Campbell's Soup Labels and Education Points off of various products.   Even though my time is limited right now, these are small and easy things I do to feel like I helped out a little. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment