Thursday, May 27, 2010

There are a few new words to add to Addison and Fischer's word lists. Addison is now saying "pen" for open, and she says "nah" for no all the time. I think I put that on her previous list, but she now says it A LOT. Today I said, "Addison, bring me your shoe." And she said "nah" and walked away from me. Let the "no!" fun begin! Fischer now says "ga" for car (it sounds like he's from Boston), "lello" for yellow and "baa" for bowl. He has also said "on," "off" and "up." It just amazes me how they are saying new words almost daily.

What also amazes me is how many things they understand that we say to them. They are now following directions (sometimes). On one of their toys there is a light switch... they have both turned it on and off after I asked them to! They've also put their letters in their play mailbox, and opened and closed the door.

The other day, it was around 11:30 am. We eat lunch at noon... I said "what do you want for lunch?" to them, and they both started crying and going to the table. Oops. Now I know I can't say lunch or snack unless I am prepared to give it to them very quickly. They also know what "You need a new diaper" means and have recently started walking or crawling away form me when I say that. I can't believe we are already having to spell things!

Each night, we let them play in their diapers before bath time. They know what it means when I say "are you ready to take your clothes off?" They will both start pulling on their shirts and get frustrated when they can't do it without help. I'm sure they will be able to take their clothes off soon enough. They can already take their diapers off, so that's a lot of fun too. :)

They are both getting better at holding my hand while walking, so I think we'll have to try it out in public soon. It seems that they revert to crawling if they are in a new place or situation, so I'm not quite sure how it will work out, but it's worth a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment