Monday, May 17, 2010

While dealing with all of the stomach yuckiness last week (countless dirty diapers and other not-so-fun stuff), I needed something positive and happy to focus on. So, I decided to make a list of all the words that Addison and Fischer say, or have said. I've been meaning to do this for awhile, and last week seemed like the perfect time.

They have said all of the words on the list at least once, and most have been in context.  Some of the words they say daily, and others they've said only once or twice. Some of the words are said without prompting, and some are said in response to questions I ask them (for example, "what does a duck say?"). I don't think there is anything quite like the feeling of knowing that they actually understand the meaning of words they say that they've been hearing us say for awhile now!

I'm going to list the actual word, and then what it sounds like when they say it. I love it when I know exactly what they mean because they are also showing me... for instance, they both say "ba" for ball, but are usually holding a ball when they say it, so I know what they mean!

Addison's words:

Dog - "da"
Please - "peas"
No - "nah"
Dada - "dada"
Mama - "mama"
Bo (and this is what all dogs are called) - "bo"
Ball - "ba"
Water - "yaya"
Uh-oh - "uh-oh"
Sassy - "zizi"
Baby - "bebe"
Hi - "hi" (but it sounds very southern)
Moo - "mooo" or "booo" (so funny!)
Bye-Bye - "Bye Bye" or "Bah Bah" (this is the word she says the most)


Fischer's words:

Dog - "da"
Duck - "da"
Bird - "buh"
Open - "opa"
Dada - "dada"
Bo - "baa"
Ball "ba"
Book - "buh"
Sissy - "zizi"
Sassy - "zizi"
Elmo - "elma"
Uh-oh - "uh-oh"
I Love - "I ya" (Whenever I say "I Love You" he responds with "I Ya"
Hot Dog - "hot da"
No - "nah"
Baby - "baba"
Oval - "Ova"
Elephant - "Elf"
Button - "Buh buh"
Moo - "Booo" (this cracks me up!)
Quack Quack - "cack cack"
Bye-Bye - "Buh buh"


Fischer has more words right now. He's funny because he tries to repeat everything we say.  It's amazing to me how fast they catch on to what something is called! I think, before we know it, they will be chattering away all day long. And, I think Addison is soaking everything in, and will just start talking non-stop one day. :)  This list wasn't so that I could compare and see who is saying more words, but more for me to remember years from now what words they were saying at this age!

I'll be sure to keep an ongoing list so that I can update this list!

No comments:

Post a Comment