Sunday, December 26, 2010

I can't believe Christmas has come and gone! Soon, it'll be time to start shopping for next Christmas. I hope to get things done a little earlier than I did this year. I think I have a good excuse though... :)

Chirstmas Eve night, we read The Night Before Christmas before putting Addison and Fischer to bed. My dad read it to us every year, and I want to continue that tradition.  Little did we know that Grandmom Komarnicki sent Addison and Fischer a copy of that book for Christmas, and she recorded herself reading it. They have loved listening to that ever since opening it!



We had a great Christmas at home. Addison and Fischer woke up to a lot of presents under the tree and stockings in their high chairs... Santa had to get a bit creative this year since we don't have a mantle or any other free space to hang stockings. Of course, Bo got a stocking too!



After breakfast, we did stockings and opened presents.  Addison was very into it all... Fischer lost interest in the unwrapping after the first few. They did work together nicely on a few of the bigger items though.  Addison gladly took over, and with each gift, she would sound like she was hyperventilating because she was so excited. It was really cute. We took time between presents to play with some of the toys instead of rushing through everything. Addison and Fischer got a lot of new exciting toys, which makes me happy too!






Scott and I got them several smaller things this year. We didn't go overboard because we know they'll be getting a new playroom when our new house is finished, hopefully this summer! Their favorite gift from us so far has been the doctor's kit we got Fischer (even though we knew they'd both play with it). Addison has a slight obsession with band-aids, so she was thrilled that the kit included a plastic band-aid!

We spent the day playing with new toys, going for a walk, and playing outside. I think it was all a bit overwhelming for Addison and Fischer, and they were asleep in record time last night.

Addison got some sunglasses and a purse from some friends.  Scott and I got her a purse kit too, but she definitely likes this one more. Ours didn't include make up....I think that was our mistake. :)  She definitely loves all the girly things! And a side note, I saw her pushing the sunglasses up into her hair like I do all the time. So cute!


We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. We're already really excited about next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment