Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One of our main goals when we found out we were having twins was to make sure we got them on the same schedule as soon as possible. We wanted them to eat and sleep at the same time, so that we weren't on the go 24 hours a day.  They did get on the same schedule very early on, and have been ever since.

I can think of only twice that they have eaten separately, and they almost always get up in the morning and from naps at the same time. So, naturally, this same-schedule plan carried over into playtime.  We go outside together (obviously I can't leave one alone), we do activities together, most of the time when I'm reading, they are both right there on my lap or right next to it.

Yesterday, they were in their high chairs coloring. (And, by the way, Addison calls coloring "tattoo" which I think is really funny). Fischer said he was "all done", but Addison was still enjoying herself. So, I told Fischer to keep coloring because Addison wasn't done yet. Then I thought "why does he have to keep coloring? Why can't he go play by himself?" I'm not kidding when I say that it was like a lightbulb went off in my head since I'm so used to them doing everything together. So, I put him in the living room to play, and she kept coloring for quite awhile longer. I need to get it through my head that they can do different activities, as long as I can keep an eye on both of them!

In other news, last night was Fischer's first medicine-free night since he was about 6 weeks old! He's been on Zantac since then, and we've tried weaning him off in the past, and it was clear he still needed it. So a few weeks ago, he went on Allegra because of this runny nose that won't go away (doctor suspects allergies). The label said that Allegra can't be given within 2 hours of an antacid. He normally got his Zantac at dinner (6:00) and was supposed to get Allegra before bed, which would be around 7:30, so not 2 hours apart. We kept forgetting to give him his Zantac early, so for several nights in a row, he didn't get it and he did just fine! Then, last night, I didn't give him Allegra. I wanted to see how he slept without it. He did wake up a couple of times because his nose was running but it wasn't anything major and he went back to sleep pretty quickly.  So, like I said, he didn't have any medicine last night. Yay!! Addison has been finished with Zantac for over a month now. It's such a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment