Thursday, October 20, 2011

On Monday, we spent part of the day at the South Carolina State Fair! We took the kids last year but they were too small to really ride anything or enjoy the food. We were really excited about taking them this year! They have changed so much since last year!

For starters, we didn't even take a stroller. They walked around the entire fair! What big kids! In addition, they ate about as much food as we did (which led to a dose of Pepto all around later in the day). We ate french fries, fried okra, wings, pizza and ribbon fries. Yes, lots of fried food. But isn't that what the fair is all about? And the last, biggest change from last year, is they went diaperless!! I actually thought about putting them in pull-ups because I was worried they might get scared on a ride and have an accident. But I decided against that, and there were no accidents to report! Like I said, such big kids!

They kids were still a little too short for most of the rides but we did get to ride a few! We did the same slide that they did last year, which was fun. Then we rode the "Wacky Worm" which was a little roller coaster! It had a few curves and one hill. The kids seemed to really enjoy that. The last ride was a bumblebee ride, which went around in a circle and the bees could go up and down. We had to wait in line for awhile for this ride, and they even did great with that. We figured we were practicing patience. :)

We also ventured over to the barn area where we got to feed some goats. And Fischer and Scott rode an elephant!! Sadly, that's the only thing I have a picture of from the entire day. I will have to post that soon. I pulled out my camera to take some pictures and it wouldn't work. I was really sad! :(

I can't wait to take them back next year. It will be even more fun because they will be even more into the rides!! I will just dream of the french fries until then... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment