Wednesday, February 6, 2013

 The day after the big dentist appointment, I headed to the airport and hopped a flight to Seattle! :) I left around 5 pm Friday night, so I didn't arrive in Seattle until almost 3 am East Coast time.

Kathy was there and picked me up, and then Saturday morning we got up and headed to Portland, Oregon for the night. Neither of us had been before so we were excited to experience a new city. Our main goal was to hit up some of the breweries in the area!

We checked into our hotel, and the girl working the desk hooked us up with free valet parking, which was a $31 savings. That was so nice of her! We headed out to explore and get some lunch, and start our beer sampling.

We went to Deschutes for lunch and got our first flight of Portland beer. Then we headed to a few more places and found ourselves in bed by 10 pm. :)





Sunday we got up, enjoyed a buffet breakfast and headed out to see a couple of the big tourist spots. First was the HUGE bookstore, Powell's. They had a huge selection of both new and used books and I got several for Addison and Fischer. We love books around here!



Next we headed to Voodoo Doughnuts, where we waited in line for about 30 minutes to get our doughnuts. We got 4 and decided to eat them later that night.  They were delicious! :)




We then headed back to Seattle to visit my friend, Mary Anne and her family! I was so excited - we were best friends in high school, roommates in college, so we go way back. We don't get to see each other much so it was fun to just hang out and visit with her kids and meet her new baby!

We got to have a girls night and enjoy some yummy Mexican food, and then headed home and chatted before going to bed. Monday morning we got to go to breakfast and then Kathy and I headed to the airport. I left Seattle around 11 and arrived home around 1 am. It was a tiring weekend but so worth it and very fun.

Scott and the kids had a lot of fun of their own back home, and I'm very thankful that it's not an issue for him for me to take a weekend for myself every now and then! He requested that we go to the Rogue Brewery, so we were sure to do that, and I brought him back a glass from there. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment