Monday, February 25, 2013

Last Saturday (February 16), Addison and I headed to Greenville for a birthday party. When we left, the weather was nasty - very cold, rainy and even a tiny bit of snow.  An hour down the road, it wasn't raining and not nearly as cold. Addison and I stopped for lunch at Chick-Fil-A in Greenville and it was even a little bit sunny.


The party was at a Gymnastics place and Addison had a lot of fun. She said she wants to do Gymnastics instead of dance now. :)



We headed home and Scott told me the weather here was really bad and the snow was coming down and actually sticking! Addison and I got home around 8 that night, and I had to drive about 25 mph as we got close because the roads were really bad!

I pulled into the driveway and saw this! Scott and Fischer had been busy!



Addison played a few minutes but wasn't dressed appropriately, so we promised we'd play the next morning. We kept our fingers crossed that the snow would still be there. :)



It was and we had a great time. It was really cold because it was only about 8:30 am, but we knew the snow would melt later in the day.



Scott took Addison on a four wheeler ride, the kids made snow angles and just played for awhile.







I think i'ts safe to say that Lucy liked it more than any of us - she had so much fun and would have spent the whole day outside if we would have let her!




I'm so happy we got a day's worth of snow so the kids could play but also very glad we don't have to deal with it on a regular basis!




I love this picture of our first snow in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment