Monday, February 11, 2013

It's been a germy few weeks around here, but I think we might be on the mend.. it's funny because I was just looking back on our blog from this time last year and we were all sick on the same exact day! I guess it's just the time of year.

Addison and I finished our antibiotics today, while Scott and Fischer still have a few days to go on theirs. We have a variety of illnesses, but there has been a lot of coughing, sneezing, nose blowing, etc... we took the kids to the doctor last Monday (A was 34ish pounds, and F was 35ish!) and they were both prescribed medicine.  While they weren't feeling great, they were still quite active and feeling okay enough to play. And through all of this, they haven't had fevers at all.

They went to school Wednesday morning and seemed to feel good. When I got there to pick them up Fischer's teacher stopped me in the hall so that I could go get him first (normally I get Addison first). He was borderline hysterical in his classroom, saying his ear hurt and that he couldn't hear out of it. His teacher said that it started suddenly and they couldn't calm him down.

I called the doctor before we even left the parking lot. I admit that I thought it was possible he stuck some sort of object in his ear! :) While I was on the phone waiting for a nurse, Fischer was crying and asking if I was calling the "doctor truck" (meaning the ambulance). He was so scared! I reassured him I was just waiting for a nurse. :) She worked us in that afternoon, so we headed home for a quick lunch, and some Tylenol for Fischer before heading to see the doctor. The doctor looked in his ears and said he had a "miserable" ear infection. I was confused about how his ears were so clear on Monday and one was so infected by Wednesday.

So he had us switch the medicine he was on, and by the next day he seemed to be feeling much better!

In between those appointments, Addison had a follow up at the ENT on Tuesday just to make sure her tubes are doing ok. They are still in there, although he said the left one looks like it could come out at any time. We go back in 3 months for another check. He said they mainly need to make sure the hole heals like it should after the tubes fall out.

Even with all of the germs, we have been squeezing in some fun. The kids got to help Scott paint his new bbq pit that he built. Addison lasted longer with the painting, and Scott said she kept saying things about working together, getting the job done, etc.






And we also went "hiking" with our friends Irish and Rylan last weekend, followed by lunch and a yummy cupcake for the kids. During our hike, the kids liked stopping every few minutes to have some "cowboy jerky" and water. We ended up walking for over an hour though and they all did a great job... not much complaining at all!



No comments:

Post a Comment