Monday, June 15, 2009

All Caught Up (sort of)


June has been a busy month already. I can't believe it's half over already.  Kathy came to stay with us for 5 days. She left tired, but she also got lots of quality baby time in. Scott was out of town for 3 of the days so she joined me for the nightly feedings. It is SO helpful having extra hands here - especially at night! We were out and about a lot, and the babies did great.  Fischer has started to get a little fussy in his carseat. We think he doesn't like the feel like he can't move, because he loves to move!  We took them for a shot a couple of weeks ago and they were both almost 11 pounds. I could not believe my eyes! They are growing so fast. They are both great eaters!

While Kathy was here, we went a visited a triplet mom! There were five babies in that room. AAH! Luckily, only 3 cried at once, but never all 5. I think about her a lot when I get frustrated, because I feel like 3 would be so much harder than 2. They are six months old, and she seems to have things under control. They were adorable! 

As many of you know, we bought some land in Camden, SC last year.  We want to build a house and decided it might be time to get the process started.  Sometimes I question doing it with 2 3 month olds, but I think it'll only get harder as they get older and more mobile! The first step is to sell our house, so it's officially on the market.  We've had a looker or two each week but no offers yet.  Luckily we are in no rush, so we are just waiting to see what happens.  It's not fun though, packing up 2 babies on short notice to leave. I also have to get the dogs to go out in the garage, which isn't easy now that they've figured out I'm leaving them out there for about an hour. So, we'll see what happens...

Our big event this month is we are flying with the babies! We leave this Thursday to fly up to PA to see Scott's family.  The babies will meet their Great-Grandmom, Aunt Julie, Uncle Brian, Cousins Griffin, Ashlyn and Cohen, and their Grandpop and Meg.  They met their Grandmom in March when she came down to visit.  We will fly home Monday, so we'll be there 5 days.  We got a direct flight from Charleston to Philadelphia, so hopefully it won't be too bad. I am going to start packing today so that I'm not rushed and don't forget anything.  Scott's mom bought our diapers and formula, so we don't have to worry about packing that which is a huge help. She also bought them each some clothes so that cuts down on what we have to pack.  I went and bought 2 umbrella strollers to use in the airport and we'll check their carseats.  So much to think about when traveling with babies. I just don't want them to cry the whole time. I'll let you know how that goes. 

Here is a picture from a walk last night in their new strollers.  The blankets were to help prop their heads up but we didn't really need to use them.





No comments:

Post a Comment