Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Rice Cereal Adventure Continues


We are on day #4 of rice cereal, and things are going pretty well. Yesterday and today, Fischer really liked it and even cried/whined if I didn't get the spoon back to his mouth fast enough. Addison liked it yesterday, but was a little more unsure today...she liked to spit it out and eat it off of her bib. Classy Addison. :) I think it was a little thicker today so that could've made it different for her. It's hard to get it mixed to the same thickness everyday. I think we may add some baby oatmeal into the mix soon since both babies are tolerating the rice cereal and have had no reactions. Today was the first day of me giving them their cereal by myself. It worked out ok - I just alternated bites.

I am also working hard at getting them to take scheduled naps. I started that last Wednesday and it seems to be working out ok. Immediately after their 2:00 bottle, I put them in their swings. It usually takes them about 30 minutes to fall asleep, but then they stay asleep for at least an hour, sometimes two. We'll keep working at it! We are leaving for the beach on Friday for 5 days, and I'm really nervous that their routine is going to go right out the window. I'm going to try my best to keep everything on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment