Monday, June 15, 2009

Mother's Day

I was so excited to celebrate my first Mother's day! It was a weird feeling to think I was a "real" mom. It seemed even more real as I started getting cards in the mail! Scott surprised me with a night away at a bed and breakfast in Beaufort, SC.  He told me the day before we were leaving so I'd have time to come to terms with the fact I was leaving my babies for a night. Our good friends Matt and Kelly came to stay with them. I wasn't worried about that, but I was sad to leave them. We weren't even gone 24 hours, and it was a much needed break. We ate dinner, and had every intention of staying out to listen to some live music. Around 9:30, I was ready to call it a night. I just wanted to sleep. I still ended waking up at the time they woke up to eat that night, but I did get some good sleep.  Thanks Matt and Kelly for staying with the babies! :) Here are a couple of pictures - for some reason it is keeping the one picture sideways. Oh well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment