Friday, October 23, 2009

We've had to start saying "No!" to Addison and Fischer on occasion.  I'm finding it hard to sound stern when I say "No!" and they look at me with a giant smile, then continue doing what they were doing in the first place. How do I not smile back? Or laugh? But if I do it's just a game to them. Today I found myself biting my lip so I wouldn't smile or laugh.  I will have to keep working on my mom-voice. :)

We went out to eat last night and they both did so well in their high chairs!! We fed them Puffs while we were waiting on our food and Addison picked one up off the table and put it in her mouth for the first time ever! They've both picked them up but usually can't quite manage to get it in their mouths, but she finally did it. Fischer was trying, and I don't think it will be long before he starts doing it too.  They get so excited when they see the Puff containers now - I have to be discrete when I'm getting them out if I'm not planning on giving them any right then.  The same goes for making their bottles - if I'm making them early, I can't let them see me or they start making all kinds of noise!

They are moving around more and more every day. Fischer has become quite the "low-crawler." He gets anywhere he wants to go that way, and he gets there fast! He uses his elbows to push himself around. Today I watched him crawl across the floor, and OVER Addison to get to a certain toy.  And she didn't even seem to notice that he had just crawled over her. They are so funny when you just sit back and watch them play.  Addison is sitting all the time now, and can easily put herself into that position. She still isn't crawling but is on her hands and knees anytime if she isn't sitting. Like Fischer, she easily gets around the room by scooting or "low-crawling" but isn't quite as fast as he is. Fischer is sitting pretty well when we put him in that position, but he doesn't even try to do it himself, although I think he could do it if he tried. As usual, they are doing something new everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment