Sunday, October 11, 2009

When Addison and Fischer were just a couple months old, I thought I had them all figured out. I thought, without a doubt, Fischer would be mobile very early on because of how much he moved when I was pregnant, and also how much he loved kicking his feet and moving his hands. I thought Addison would be happy to just be carried everywhere because she loved being held, and would be just fine never having to work harder than necessary to get somewhere.  Boy, did I have it wrong!  Fischer still loves kicking his feet, and Addison still loves being held, but when it comes to being mobile, Addison is very ready. She is trying so hard to sit, crawl and stand all at once. Fischer is happy rolling and scooting. It's funny to watch Addison because you can tell she's trying to crawl, then she changes her mind and wants to go into a sitting position and then she gets tired or frustrated and ends up falling and scooting around.  The other day, I put her hands on two bars and stood her up and she stood for at least 10 seconds on her own. Once she realized she could stand, she started trying to pull herself up. She's a busy, busy girl.

Because of all these changes, we lowered their crib mattresses yesterday. I was worried they would be confused, but they seemed to do ok. It's amazing to me that they used to share a crib, and now they are lowered because they are getting too big and mobile!

Today we started 5 ounces in each bottle of the new formula.  Since their 8 am, 12 pm, and 4 pm bottles are only 5 ounces, they are now officially drinking all new formula in those.  Their 8 pm bottles have about 7 ounces, so we plan to phase out the old formula in those over the next few nights.  Then, there will be no more labeled formula pitchers or bottles, no more post-its to remember which bottle was Fischer's or Addison's, no more buying 3 different kinds of formula and no more accidently mixing up bottles and waiting for bad things to happen! Addison would do ok if she got some of Fischer's formula by accident, but it was bad news if Fischer got some of Addison's. We are almost done with those worries. Yay!

Now that the formula project is almost over, I have a new project. I am working Fischer's naps. I am trying to get him to nap in his crib rather than his swing. Addison has been in her crib for a couple of months. Fischer usually just plays if I put him in his crib, and never goes to sleep. He just kicks, talks, and rolls the whole time. This past week, he did take an hour and a half nap in his crib on Thursday! I was very happy and expecting great things on Friday.  Friday, however, he slept for about 30 minutes, then woke up screaming and never went back to sleep, so I had to put him back in his swing for the remainder of his nap.  Yesterday, he never even fell asleep and we had to put him in his swing for a little nap.  Today, he slept about 30 minutes in his crib, then again, woke up. I need help with this if anyone has any ideas.  Soon he will be past the weight limit on his swing, and then what will I do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment