Friday, March 19, 2010

Along with Addison and Fischer's latest developments have come some challenges.  Some are potentially dangerous challenges, and some are funny challenges. It's all entertaining though, and keeps me on my toes for much of the day.

I'll start with a funny one... Now that Addison and Fischer are much stronger, they pull up on anything and everything. This obviously includes legs... one day I was wearing some pajama pants that were a bit too big. Addison and Fischer both started pulling up on me, which caused my pants to be pulled down (not all the way, thankfully!). Those pants have since found a new home at Goodwill. :)

Addison and Fischer's strength has also made them want to climb things, which can be dangerous. Addison, especially, is trying to climb anything and everything. I see her trying to put her leg up and over things all the time.  Fischer even tried to climb out of his crib the other night. Thankfully, they can't quite do that yet. Wednesday, I was getting something out of our refrigerator. Addison decided she wanted inside so she tried to climb in by getting one leg on the freezer door handle (our freezer is the bottom drawer pull-out style). I had to pry her hands off of the bar in order to stop her from falling backwards onto her head! She's quite determined to become a little monkey in the very near future.

Fischer has started getting very frustrated with things lately. I think he wants to be more independent, and gets frustrated that he can't quite do certain things yet (like walk). In order to let us know he's frustrated, he has started throwing himself down on the floor (from the sitting position) and crying, and sometimes even banging his head on the floor. Most of the time, I try to ignore him and he will eventually stop. But sometimes, when he is REALLY frustrated and banging his head hard, I have to make him stop.  He does this a lot when he sees us getting his breakfast, lunch or dinner ready because he usually wants to eat NOW!

They have both started making diaper changes harder. Sometimes, I feel like I've just wrestled an alligator trying to change a diaper and/or clothes, and then I have to turn around and do it all over again. After "wrestling" with Addison the other day, I was actually sweating by the time we were done!

Oh, and I have watched Addison undo a child lock on the cabinets in our kitchen twice now. She shoves her tiny hand in the tiny opening of the cabinet door, pushes down the latch, and opens the cabinet. She must have watched us do it, then figured it out for herself. This is why there is never a dull moment around here. :)

These are just a few of the new challenges we are facing.  Each day brings a new challenge, but it's so fun watching them grow and develop!

Here they are showing me their heads... Fischer taps his very lightly on the side, while Addison excitedly slaps her hands to her head.




No comments:

Post a Comment