Sunday, March 7, 2010

Things are a little busy for us right now so I may be a little slower with the posts for awhile. I did want to share a few updates though.

Today, we increased Addison's soy milk to 4 ounces per feeding, and Fischer's whole milk to 5 ounces per feeding.  Just a few more weeks and we'll be completely formula-free! Hopefully soon after that, we will be Zantac-free also!

Fischer has really started liking books.  He will hand them to me over and over, and actually sit still while I read to him. Once I finish, he will grab the book, then hand it back to me to read again. This ususally goes on for quite some time.  Addison, on the other hand, would much rather take the book out of my hands and put it on the floor or chew on it.  Fischer has also been getting more and more shapes into their correct holes in a shape toy that they have. We always make a big deal out of it whenever they get one right. He gets frustrated after a couple of tries though, and will hand the shape to me to do it for him. I will then show him where it goes, and hand it back to him to try again. It's amazing to see these things "click" with them.

Addison has started doing the "crab walk," where she puts her hands and feet on the floor, with her butt up in the air. She will take several steps this way.  I'm wondering if this is her way of transitioning into "real" walking... I guess time will tell! Both she and Fischer took a few steps with their push toys today.

Fischer has started pointing to (with his whole hand) and wanting everything around him. At dinner, he wants whatever is not on his tray. While playing, he wants whatever toy is just out of his reach. He will make a little sound while pointing to let us know that he wants something.

Addison is becoming quite the busy-body. She is constantly moving, talking, laughing or climbing (almost).  If I sit on the floor with her, she is immediately on my lap telling me some sort of story. She also likes to feel my ears, eyes, nose and hair. She's very curious!

They are both still eating very well and getting to try all kinds of new things.  So far, Fischer doesn't like mandarin oranges. I'd say we are pretty lucky to only have come across one food that they don't like between the two of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment