Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I think I mentioned in a previous post that things are a little crazy around here, but I didn't elaborate.  Things are super busy because we are moving! Luckily, we don't have to move until the end of April. Between now and then, we are having a yard sale, Scott is going to Japan on 2 separate trips for a week each time, and we are having visitors. So, things are just a bit busy... and don't forget all of that fun packing we have to do. Add in taking care of Addison and Fischer and my days are pretty much full!

Taking care of Addison and Fischer takes up the majority of my time, but it's also the most fun part of my day! I feel like they might be having a "cognitive growth spurt." It seems like some things are just clicking and they are learning so much.

I mentioned that they can now point to their heads. Well, now they can also point to their mouths!! And, if I say "Oh no" about something, Addison smacks her hand to her head, while Fischer gently touches his. That started yesterday - it is so funny.  They are also both bouncing up and down whenever I say "bounce" to them. Also, today, Fischer kept kissing Addison, so later I said "Kiss Sissy" and he did it again. So, he knows who "Sissy" is. He is also trying to say "Sissy" although it's coming out more like "ZaZa." :)

They are both still walking a lot behind their walkers, and are now going from room to room. They are getting faster with them...sometimes they go so fast it looks like their legs can't keep up with the walkers.

They are still eating well, although our windows to feed them are becoming shorter and shorter. They are wanting to get out of their highchairs sooner now, and become easily distracted. I think they want to go play rather than eat, but they always eat a decent meal for us!  And, they are both completely formula-free now. WOW! Addison is drinking about 18-20 ounces of soy milk a day, and Fischer is drinking the same amount of whole milk. That seems to be working well so far!

I've also noticed that Addison is becoming quite the little copy cat. If Fischer throws food off of his highchair tray (which he does when he's had enough), so does she. If Fischer crawls over to the fireplace, so does she. The list goes on and on, and it's pretty funny to watch them watch each other, then do the same thing. They've also been caught putting food that they don't want on the other tray... they are sneaky little things. :)

More to come soon... need to go pack now!

No comments:

Post a Comment