Friday, July 16, 2010

Last Wedesnday (July 7), our vacation began! I felt like I'd been packing and getting everything organized for days (or weeks!) so I was ready to get on the road. Addison and Fischer got up at their normal time of 7 a.m. and I fed them breakfast. While I was feeding them, Scott took our furry babies to "camp." Then, we fed Addison and Fischer their morning snack a little early, around 8:30, loaded them in the car and hit the road! We left at what is normally their nap time in hopes that they'd sleep for awhile on our 3.5 hour ride to my mom and dad's house.  They did sleep for awhile, and did great in the car once they were awake! I was nervous because last time we made the trip back, I was alone with them and they screamed (not just cried, but screamed) for about 2 straight hours. Thankfully, this didn't happen again!

Here they are during our ride. Fischer is wide awake, but decided to play shy for the camera... and here is Addison being her lady-like self.



We arrived at lunch time, and we were all hungry! We ate lunch, then Addison and Fischer had fun exploring their play area. We put them down (or tried to) for their 2:00 nap time. The plan was to put them down, then leave... that way, they wouldn't actually see us leaving. They apparently weren't in the mood to nap though so they cried for awhile. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to leave while they were crying, but things don't always go as planned.  So, Scott and I left for the airport, and my parents went to "rescue" them from their naps! 

We got into Boston around 7, headed to our hotel to check-in, then took a cab to dinner. We had already planned to eat at The Barking Crab, as seen on Man v. Food (a show that we both love).  Here is a picture of The Barking Crab that I took the next day as we walked by. The yellow and red part is a big tent that is open to the water. The other half is the same menu, but indoor seating, and a separate waiting list. We sat inside since the wait was much shorter.



Scott set a goal for vacation to try as many different clam "chowdas" as he could. He then rated each one on a scale from 1-10.  Here is his very first bowl, but I can't remember what he rated any of them. I just remember that none of them scored below a 6, and his favorite was when we were in Portland, Maine. 



While he enjoyed his chowder, I enjoyed some oysters. Then, we both decided to treat ourselves to crab and lobster. It was so good. Scott wasn't wild about wearing the bib, but I made him put it on for the picture.


After dinner, we walked back to the hotel so we could rest up to explore Boston on Thursday. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for vacation! I'm excited to read all the details that we haven't talked about yet! :)

    ReplyDelete