Monday, April 25, 2011

I recently bought Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook, Deceptively Delicious. Addison and Fischer are pretty good about eating their vegetables, but I figured it couldn't hurt to have them eat a few more. So far, I've made 2 recipes from the book, and the kids have really liked them!

First, I made Peanut Butter and Jelly muffins. These muffins had carrot puree (which I was able to do while cooking their lunch one day) in them, which made them a healthy little snack for the kids, and for me too! Here they are before going into the oven...


 And proof that Addison and Fischer enjoyed them...


Second, I made Chocolate Chip Cookies with chickpeas in them. These are also really good, but do taste a bit different than the chocolate chip cookies you might be used to. The texture is a bit different too. They did get approval from Addison and Fischer though!



Both recipes also use egg whites, margarine instead of butter, and brown sugar instead of white sugar. So overall, they are a healthier option when it comes to eating something sweet.

I'm not sure what's next but I plan on trying another recipe soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment