Wednesday, August 3, 2011

I am struggling to keep up with things... this blog, the laundry, the dishes, potty training, everything!!!

Just wanted to do a few quick updates. I was going to post a few new pictures but just remembered that my camera is upstairs, and I am not chancing going up there during nap time to get it!

"Grandmommy" Komarnicki was here for a visit from Friday until yesterday. It's always great having extra hands around - especially this time since we were right in the middle of potty training! :) We didn't do too much while she was here. We did, however, take the kids to their first movie. We went to see Winnie the Pooh. They seemed to enjoy it, and loved eating the popcorn. However, the timing probably wasn't the best given our potty training situation. We put them in Pull-Ups for the movie because we knew they wouldn't be able to go the entire movie without any accidents. However, they still asked to go potty, so I spent almost half of the movie in the bathroom with them. The good news is that they both actually went on a public toilet!!  I'm excited to go to another movie with them soon though.

Unfortunately, we had a not-so-fun experience while Grandmommy was here. On Sunday, she and Scott took the kids out to play in our backyard while I was changing their sheets. I heard screaming coming from downstairs, so I came down to see what was going on. Addison had been "attacked" by fire ants, and when I was finally able to count, she had at least 25 bites on her legs. We gave her Benadryl right away and I immediately called the doctor's office to see if there was anything else I should do. Thank Goodness for weekend nurse hours!! She said to make sure the swelling went down within 30 minutes (it did) and that Addison didn't have any trouble breathing (she didn't). Her legs still look pitiful though.

Potty-training is going ok. I started Fischer last Thursday, and he is doing great. The first couple of days were messy, but he has caught on really quickly. He still has an accident here and there, but for the most part he goes on his own, does his business, and goes back to playing. However when I start Fischer, Addison seemed to take a few steps back and we are still recovering from that.  She will go when she feels like it, but has accidents the rest of the time.  If I ask her to sit on the potty, even with a reward, she will only do it if she's in the mood. I know she's capable of doing it, and I feel like her accidents are deliberate. She's just being stubborn and she is definitely making me work hard! I'm trying not to stress over it though, because I know it will come with time. I feel like the groundwork is done, and we will just keep working at it!

Those are the big things going on around here. Will update again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment