Friday, August 26, 2011

Just a quick update since I am heading out the door in a few minutes to go visit a friend! I hope Irene doesn't mess up any of my travels!

Addison and Fischer's check up went well! The doctor said they are looking great, and growing like little weeds. She asked about their speech (and then got to hear them chatter away while we were trying to talk to her), their sleeping, eating and potty training. We said we are still working on the potty training, and that Addison is very stubborn. Her advice was to just keep at it and they'll get there eventually! Our next appointment will be when they are 3. AAH!

I'm a little surprised by their stats this time, and am wondering how accurate they are. If they are correct, they've both taken a MAJOR jump in their height percentiles. I think today's measurements were accurate, but maybe the ones at their last appointment were a little off. I don't know. Either way, they are growing great and looking healthy! They are far from the tiny little 4 pound, barely-on-the-charts, babies we brought home from the hospital!

When we tried to weigh Addison, she completely freaked out about the scale. She is so dramatic. So, once we finally got her on the baby scale (because she wouldn't stand on the big kid one) it said 24 pounds. I knew that wasn't right so we weighed her again at the end of the appointment. This time she was just fine with standing on the big kid scale.

So today, Addison weighed 27 pounds (25%) and was 37.5 inches (90%). Fischer weighed 28 pounds (27%) and was 37 inches (75%). I really don't think Addison is taller than Fischer, but they are about even so I'm sure the measurements are somewhat accurate. I just can't believe how high their percentage numbers are - they have never been that high in any of the categories!

That's about it for now! Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment