Wednesday, August 24, 2011

We all survived Addison and Fischer's first day of preschool yesterday!

After going back and forth for many months, we decided it would probably be best, and easier on everyone, if Scott took the kids while I stayed home. Addison has a much harder time watching me leave, so we thought it would take away some of the stress if I wasn't there. As hard as it was not walking them into school for their very first day, I know it was the right choice.

Scott walked them in, and said they started playing immediately. He took that opportunity to quickly leave. Their teachers said they did fine overall, but that Addison did get upset on and off throughout the day. This doesn't surprise me at all. Addison also told me later that she wouldn't sit in the circle during circle time. I'm sure the teacher let it go yesterday but she will be expected to follow the routine soon!

Fischer got upset once, apparently. They couldn't find the extra pull-ups I sent for him so they had to use one of Addison's pink ones. His teacher said that made him VERY mad...but I don't blame him! I will be sure that they know where his pull-ups are from here on out!

I'm a little worried about tomorrow because now Addison and Fischer know what to expect. They know that when they get to school, they will be getting dropped off. But they also know that we will come back and pick them up. And they know they will get to eat a snack and play on the playground. So, I hope it isn't too dramatic in the morning.

I'm glad the first day is behind us!

No comments:

Post a Comment