Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Scott and I have never been big on going out for New Year's Eve... especially since having kids. I think our biggest year was when our friends Mary Anne and Rajiv got married on New Year's Eve. That was a fun way to celebrate the new year!

This year, we headed out for very early dinner with friends. Everyone going had kids, so it worked out nicely to meet up early so everyone could get home at a decent time. We went to a Japanese steakhouse and had a great time. The past couple of times Addison hasn't cared for the whole cooking-in-front-of-you experience, but she did great this time. I actually got to eat my  meal without her on my lap. :) Fischer loved it, as always.




We tried to get all 5 kids to cooperate for a picture, but it just wasn't happening. :)



After dinner we headed home, played for awhile, took some pictures, then put the kids to bed.

The kids had fun playing with their party hats... Addison loved looking at herself in the mirror with her hat on.




Scott and I hadn't planned on staying up until midnight but somehow we managed! We were a little tired the next day, since Addison and Fischer got up at their usual time, but it wasn't too bad.

I'm still having a hard time believing it's 2012 - and January is almost half over already!  We hope you had a Happy New Year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment