Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A couple of weeks ago, Scott and I got the chance to go to Sedona, Arizona for a wedding. Thanks to my parents for keeping the kids!!!!!

We left Friday, January 13 and flew into Phoenix. This picture was taken about 30 minutes before we landed.


Unfortunately, the kids shared their germs with me before we left so I felt pretty bad on the flight and most of the trip. I managed to power through though and have a great time! :)  We had a 2 hour drive to Sedona, and it was already dark by the time we got our rental car, so we didn't get to see much scenery on the drive. I couldn't wait to wake up Saturday morning and see our surroundings! This is what we could see from our balcony.



This is our hotel...



Saturday we got up early... I was hoping to sleep in but was up around 7. But with the time change, I guess it was technically 9! After some breakfast we walked around the "up town" area for a little while, then decided to try out a few of the local wineries. I had no idea Arizona had wineries! We ended up doing tastings at 3 different ones. Even though the tastings were small, I still needed a nap before heading to the wedding! So we went and got some yummy Mexican for lunch, headed back to hotel for a quick nap. Then we got ready for the 4:30 wedding.






The ceremony was outside. The weather was perfect and the scenery was amazing. It was so pretty! Even now when I look at pictures, I still sort of feel like I'm looking at a painting! After the ceremony and an outdoor cocktail hours, we headed inside for a seated dinner. The wedding wrapped up around 9 and since I still wasn't feeling great we headed back to the hotel.







Our flight home wasn't until Monday, but we decided to head back to Phoenix on Sunday instead of having to get up a 3 am on Monday morning since we had to drive 2 hours and return the rental car. So Sunday after some breakfast and shopping (we finally found Addison the stuffed cat she requested!) we headed back to the airport to return our car. Then we grabbed some lunch (Mexican again - my favorite!), then hung out at the hotel for a little while.

We decided that before dinner, we'd go see a movie. Scott and I never go to movies, so I was pretty excited. The last movie we went to was on Christmas Day when I was pregnant! We went to see Mission Impossible, then headed to an Asian Tapas Restaurant for dinner. Then back to hotel for an early night since our flight was so early.

It was a great trip and I would love to go back to Sedona at some point! There was much more to do there than I was expecting, and several places in the surrounding areas I'd like to go see.

Meanwhile, back home, we knew the kids were having a great time with Grandma and Grandpa Suttle. My dad kept me in the loop by sending me pictures from his phone, which I loved! Here are a couple that I got:




No comments:

Post a Comment