Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Last Friday, I had to take Addison back to see the doctor to make sure her ears were all clear. The doctor just wanted to make sure that once she finished her antibiotics, her ears were actually fine and nothing was still lingering.

Fischer got to tag along this time. Luckily we had the 2nd appointment of the day so we didn't have to wait long. In the waiting room, they had a great time staring at the 6 day old baby that was there. I'll admit, I stared a lot too. :) He was so cute and tiny - I couldn't even believe that Addison and Fischer were even smaller than he was. They are so big now! Addison was 28ish pounds when they weighed her.

I still think that pediatrician's offices should line their walls with rubber. I don't know about other kids, but mine get a weird burst of energy when we get there - even when they are sick. So when they are healthy, you can imagine how it goes with both of them in that tiny little room. They had a good time on Friday - and I've given up trying to keep them off the floor, out from under the chairs, etc... Gross, I know.  Anyway, at one point, they decided they were going to hide from the doctor and surprise him. So here they are, hiding...



The doctor came in, checked Addison out and said she looked great. So now we know that her ears actually do clear up when she takes medicine. Hopefully these ear infections stay away now. When Addison's turn was over, Fischer started saying "check me! check me!" Dr. Finch let him hop up onto the table and get checked out too. It never hurts to make sure things are all clear! He looked great too. And Fischer even got to listen to his own heartbeat, which he loved.

Afterwards, I treated them to a doughnut at Krispy Kreme and then we headed to the park for a little while. They enjoyed using this picnic table as a stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment