Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Exactly one year ago, I got the most exciting and scariest news of my life. I was pregnant!! We were in Topsail Beach, NC with my family when I found out. We were heading home that day because I had to go to work by noon, so we planned on leaving pretty early. I woke up at 6 am, way before the alarm went off, and decided to go ahead and take the test. I guess my body was too anxious to sleep any later. When I took it, I expected it to be negative since that's what I'd gotten used to seeing. So when the line starting forming, I thought maybe I was just too tired and my eyes weren't seeing it right. It was a VERY light line so I wondered if I was making it up. So I ran out and woke Scott up and he said he thought he saw a light line. We decided I would take another one that night when I got home from work to see what it said. We had to say goodbye to my parents about 20 minutes later, and it was hard to act normal!! We didn't want to mention it to anyone until we knew for sure. I was really excited but also didn't want to get my hopes up until I took another one, even though I knew that a line, no matter how dark, means a positive test! So, I went to work (where I didn't get much work done at all), went to the gym, then came home and took another one. Yep - another line!! A little darker this time, but still very light. So, I took the 3rd test of the pack the next morning and this line was even darker! I was so excited, and so nervous! It definitely didn't feel real. I called the Doctor that day and was very disappointed that I had to wait 4 long weeks to go in for my first appointment. We told just a few people before the appointment, but waited until we knew everything was OK to tell everyone.

So much has happened in the past year but I remember that day as if it happened yesterday! I hope I always remember it that clearly because I don't ever want to forget how excited I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment