Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I love taking showers. When I was pregnant I told Scott I wouldn't be one of the moms who went days without showering. No way! That's not something I was willing to give up. And I haven't!! I don't think there has been one day I haven't showered. I used to take showering for granted, that's for sure... now it's not always so easy but I get it done. I also used to take long, relaxing showers and now they are usually about 5 minutes. In and out!!! It also helps that Scott works from home when he is in town, so he can listen for the babies or keep an eye on them for me. Normally I lay the babies on our bed with pillows all around them and they usually cry the whole time. I like having them right there on the bed so I can check on them as soon as I get out. But today we tried something new! I put a bunch of blankets down on the bathroom floor so it was soft and put pillows all around so they couldn't roll onto the floor. I think they enjoyed the change of scenery and the sound of the water because they squealed and talked the whole time. Yay! In fact, they stayed in there for about 30 extra minutes while I did some chores and they played with some toys.

It's bath night for them tonight and Scott is out of town. I'm getting pretty good at giving baths by myself. I don't do them together, but it's definitely a whole process to get them both bathed and fed before they start getting really fussy! Right now they get baths every other night, and I used to skip a night if Scott was gone, but now that they are eating food they are very much in need of a bath every other night. They could probably stand to have one every night, so that's probably in our near future. They aren't the neatest eaters! They are finally able to wear their adorable bath robes that they got as gifts - Thanks Irish! :) They look so cute and comfy in them.

1 comment: