Monday, February 28, 2011

Addison and Fischer had their 2 year check ups today. I'm happy to report that everything went great and Doctor H. said they look "awesome." That makes me happy!

We talked about their language development, eating habits, milk, behavior (which is the most challenging thing!), potty training and many other topics.  She said we can go ahead and move Fischer to fat free milk (he's currently on 2%) and give that a try with Addison too. If she still can't tolerate that milk, we need to start her on a fat free soy milk, which has been difficult to find!

We also got the go ahead to give them more fish - including shellfish. I cooked a shrimp and pea risotto dish (yes, I cooked! And it was good!) last night and we tried to get them to try shrimp but they just weren't into it. They did both take 1 tiny bite, but I think the texture was enough to make them not want anymore. They also had fish sticks for the first time the other day - Fischer LOVED them (making his Gpa Suttle proud). Now that they can have more seafood, it gives us a lot more meal options!

Doctor H. also looked at Addison's rash and didn't seem concerned. She said sometimes people just have "wacky" reactions to certain sicknesses and a rash can be one of those. It seems to be going away, and Addison was feeling much better today. Yay!!!

I was surprised when we got their weights. They don't weigh as much as I thought they would - I guess because they NEVER hold still.

Here are their stats:

Addison:
23 pounds 8 ounces (12%)
33 inches (32%)
BMI - 15.4

Fischer:
24 pounds 3 ounces (9%)
33.25 inches (24.5%)
BMI - 15.5

I think it's crazy that their BMI numbers are pretty much the same! I really did expect them to weigh more, but these weights are consistent with how their past weights have been on the growth chart.

They also got their toes pricked for blood tests - they handled that like champs! Poor Addison's toe just wouldn't bleed and the nurse had to squeeze her toe a lot to get enough blood. Of course, as soon as she was done, it started bleeding a lot. They were testing their iron and lead levels, which were great, so yay for that!

All in all, it was a great appointment. We will go back in 6 months for a quick check up. Normally they don't go again until 3 but our doctor likes to do well visits at 2 1/2, which is fine by me. I was getting a bit anxious thinking it would be an entire year before we would go back!

Here are a couple pictures from today. I tried my best to get a picture of them together - like I said, they NEVER hold still. :) The first picture is Fischer playing with a toy that is in the "to be sold" bin... of course they found the bin and are acting like they are the best toys ever. Oh well, whatever works!  The last picture is of Addison trying to color her belly button.  These kids are funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment