Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I think Addison and Fischer are finally back to feeling like themselves! Fischer, especially, still wasn't acting like himself until today. He finally ate all 3 meals and both snacks today! That's a first since he got sick a week and a half ago. He also really enjoyed gym this morning. Addison did too, but she always does. Last week, we had to leave early because Fischer just wasn't having a good time, and he was letting everyone there know about it. I wish I could take a video of Addison during gym because she loves it so much!

I think I mentioned in a previous post that in this older gym class, the kids are encouraged to say their own names during circle time. This morning, Fischer said his name when it was his turn! I really thought Addison would be the first since she says it all the time at home, but Fischer beat her to it. It came out as "Dee Dee" but that's how he always says it. I was so proud of him! They also had to do an activity this morning where they had to wait for their name to be called (no easy feat for 2 year olds), then run to a cone and put a ring on it. Then, they had to wait for their name to be called again, run back to the cone and take the ring off. Addison and Fischer did both things perfectly!! It's amazing how proud I felt. They are doing so well in this more challenging class!

Speaking of class, they are officially going to preschool in the fall!! I got the phone call today that they got the last 2 spots in the "2s" class! They will start in August and go for a few hours every Tuesday and Thursday morning. Now, we must work on them being apart from Mommy since I won't be going to class with them. :) They are just growing up way too fast.

And, finally, something funny that happened today. We were looking at some old pictures (which Addison and Fischer loved, which was thrilling since I love pictures!). We looked at one of Scott and I at a Bed and Breakfast. When I told them it was a Bed and Breakfast, Fischer said "cereal??" This made me laugh - I love how their little minds work.

No comments:

Post a Comment