Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I've had a hard time gathering my thoughts lately, so this post is going to be a lot of random thoughts...23 thoughts, to be exact, since Addison and Fischer are 23 months old (but not for much longer!).

1. We had a "play date" yesterday. Addison and Fischer had a great time playing with the other kids - they are 3 and 5. The mom is a friend of a friend I had in Charleston, and they went to college together in Tennessee. Small world!

2. I can't believe Addison and Fischer will be TWO in 2 weeks.

3.  If my New Years resolution was to take less pictures this year, I'd be doing great! I am disappointed in myself so far this year - I must start taking more pictures!!

4.  It looks like Addison will be on soy milk for now... she doesn't seem to tolerate the 2% milk either. Fischer is doing well with it though, so he is completely transitioned. I had high hopes of having them on the same milk, but it won't be happening right now.

5.  Addison says "I'm sorry" all the time now. If she has a dirty diaper she says "I'm sorry, Mommy" while I'm changing it. If she drops something, she said "I'm sorry." She's always worried about others!

6.  We are dealing with the joys of tantrums on a daily basis now. And I keep hearing that the 3s are more challenging than the 2s. Yikes!!

7.  Since having the stomach bug, Addison and Fischer still aren't eating as much as they were. Fischer has become quite picky and only wants to eat pickles, chex mix and ketchup. I hope their appetites come back soon - we aren't used to this picky eater thing.

8.  When Fischer is listening to something, he puts his hand up to his ear (much like people do when they are trying to hear something better), raises an eyebrow, and smiles. It is so funny and I have no idea where he got this from!

9.  I am officially registered for my 2nd half marathon. This one will be in April in Nashville, TN. I really need to get busy with my training.

10. I think Fischer's (and sometimes Addison's) sleep patterns are directly related to playtime outside. On the days we don't get to go outside because of weather, he doesn't sleep very well.

11.  Addison has become quite the little helper - more and more everyday. She loves throwing things away, putting dirty diapers in the diaper genie and dirty clothes in the hamper. Fischer is slowly jumping on board!

12. I love how they do things so differently sometimes. For instance, when they work on puzzles, Addison points to the piece she wants to put in, then tries to find it. Fischer, on the other hand, grabs the first piece he sees and tries to make it fit. Also, when putting clothes in the hamper, he doesn't care if they don't go in all the way. Addison makes sure everything is neatly put inside the hamper before putting the lid back on.

13. Addison and Fischer will only watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and the Toy Story movies right now. They no longer want to watch Sesame Street or Word World. I did order them A Bug's Life and Cars for their birthdays - hopefully this will switch things up a bit.

14. I made Fischer another hair cut appointment today. That boy's hair grows like crazy!

15. I am about 1/2 way through my 3rd book of the year - woohoo!! At this rate, I may average one a month!

16. Addison and Fischer both seem to be between pant sizes right now (18 months are too short, 24 months are too long), which is making getting them dressed a challenge.

17.  Addison loves to "tap and twirl." I think we may have a little dancer on our hands!

18. She has also started referring to herself as "Aaa-sin" a lot. She says "Aaa-sin's bed" or "Aaa-sin's shoes" and on and on.

19. Fischer asks to play with play-doh a lot, and he always tries to eat some. So gross.

20. I can't wait to find out how much they weigh at their 2 year checkup at the end of this month. They feel so heavy... and I know they are getting taller by the day because they can reach almost anything on the counters now.

21. Addison loves playing with my purses - she fills them with "treasures" then takes them all out, only to fill it up again.  Fischer takes his turn on occasion too. :)

22. I feel like I'm constantly buying shoes for them - their feet grow so fast.

23. They are slowly but surely learning their colors. We work at it everyday, and I know they'll get it eventually, but I do get excited when they get several in a row right!

I think that's enough for now - I hope you are all having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment