Friday, September 2, 2011

Addison and Fischer have already been in preschool for 2 weeks! That's really only 4 days for them, but still over a 2 weeks period! Day 3 was pretty rough for Addison. She screamed when I dropped her off. She also cried most of the 3 hours she was there. But, as soon as she saw me when I picked them up, she said she had fun. And continued to talk about having fun at school for the rest of the day. Fischer had a great 3rd day, and the teacher said he is adjusting wonderfully!

Yesterday was a bit of the opposite. I dropped them off, and Addison screamed (worse than on Tuesday, if that's possible). I heard her yelling "Mommy!!!" all the way down the hall. It was all I could do to not cry before I even left the building. I figured it would be another day of her crying for the 3 hours until I picked them up. About 45 minutes later, my phone rang. I knew it was one of the teachers calling. I wondered how bad could Addison be if they were calling me!!

But, to my surprise, they were calling about Fischer. They said he hadn't stopped crying and wasn't acting like himself. He'd had a runny nose all week, so I think he just wasn't feeling well. We decided it'd be best for me not to pick them up really early because Addison was actually having a great day! So I picked them up 30 minutes early, after playground time. Addison was really excited and told me several times how much fun she'd had. The teachers said as soon as Fischer started to cry, Addison stopped.

Maybe Tuesday neither of them will cry. I'm sure that would make the teachers (and me!) very happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment