Friday, December 16, 2011

Addison and Fischer got dressed up in their holiday wear to head to their Christmas party at school yesterday. Addison gets SO excited when she gets to wear a dress she's never worn before. I had visions of getting a great picture of them together, but that didn't happen.

In this attempt, I was clearly standing in front of the TV and in their way (I had turned something on for a few minutes while I was getting them ready for school).



I ended taking separate pictures so I could at least get a decent picture of each of them! And yes, that is a big scab under Fischer's nose. Last week he had a little run in with the edge of the couch.



At school, they got to eat lots of party food - I know for sure they had cupcakes because they kept talking about them when I picked them up. I think they had quite a bit of sugar because they were both slurring their words a little bit! :)

They also brought home a big packet of holiday goodies. It contained their crafts from December which included a few ornaments, which we proudly hung on the tree. The rest of the crafts are taped up on our windows. Scott and I each got a present - a painted ornament with all of our names on it - I love them so much and can't wait to get those ornaments out years from now!



The kids then took a nap (thank goodness!) to rest up for the zoo! Once they woke up, we headed out to get some dinner and then the Lights Before Christmas at the zoo. They liked the lights but were much more interested in seeing if the animals were still awake. :)  We rode the carousel too, which was fun. Addison even rode an animal that goes up and down this time - she usually prefers the peacock bench that doesn't move.






It was a fun, holiday-filled day! I love this time of year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment